This free, open source software is available to everyone. It is one of the most popular blogging tools that is available. Since it is open source, WordPress Content Management Systems (CMS) are constantly updated by thousands of developers and it doesn’t cost a dime to implement onto your website. You are free to blog about anything from cats to Fortune 500 companies. WordPress has no limits for bloggers. It now has evolved from a blog software to a full Content Management Systems with no boundaries. It is a very powerful CMS with hundreds of options to choose from.
Free is the key word when is comes to this type of software. With hundreds of plug-ins , WordPress CMS is limitless. You are able to freely use the software for whatever you like. Another part of free is the freedom to manipulate and extend the code in the way you want.
Features Of WordPress Content Management Systems:
- WordPress Pages
- Allows you to easily manage non-blog content Example: you could have a static "Service" page that you manage through WordPress. It’s a really powerful system that could run an entire website.
- No rebuilding
- Changes that you make on your templates or entries reflect immediately on your website, without having to regenerate static pages.
- Cross-blog communication tools and Comments
- WordPress fully supports both the Trackback and Pingback standards, and are committed to supporting future standards. Your site visitors can leave comments on individual entries. Through Trackback or Pingback they can leave that comment on their own site. You can enable or disable comments.
- User Registration
- A built-in user registration system that allows users to register and maintain profiles. They can leave authentic blog comments. You have the option to close comments for users that are not registered. There are plug-ins that hide posts from lower level users.
- Installation and upgrades
- Installing WordPress or upgrading fromother versions or different software is simple. It is one of the easiest software to use!
There are a lot more of these features and if you have any more questions please feel free to contact Innolance and we will be able to tell you more about WordPress CMS.